December 19, 2014
- SAN FRANCISCO, Dec 19- U.S. inflation will likely still be "well below" the Federal Reserve's 2- percent target next year, but that won't stop the central bank from raising interest rates, a top policymaker said on Friday. "I would say at this point that June 2015 seems like a reasonable starting point for thinking about when liftoff could happen," San Francisco Federal...
- MEXICO CITY, Dec 19- Mexican central bankers worry that a sustained weakening of the peso could stoke inflation and say risks to growth and prices have deteriorated on falling oil prices, slack consumer demand and weak economic activity, minutes showed on Friday. The central bank intervened on Dec. 11, selling $200 million to prop up the currency.
- CNBC's Bob Pisani reports on encouraging buying in energy, and why banks are the problem.
Foreclosure deed filings are down in Rhode Island for the third quarter of 2014, according to a report published by HousingWorks RI at Roger Williams University on Thursday. In all, 364 foreclosure deeds were filed in Rhode Island in Q3, down from the ...R.I. foreclosure deeds drop 5 percent in third quarter over previous year - The Providence Journal
- While many Americans’ wallets are thankful that gas prices are drastically low, Texas and California may not be as enthusiastic. And the root of the problem: Oil prices.
- Only a handful of lenders so far have jumped on board the 97% LTV train, and AmeriSave Mortgage is the latest. Here's why they think it's a good choice.
Posted To: MBS CommentaryThe past two days saw a decisive bounce in Treasuries precipitated by what might have been a decisive bounce in European bond markets. As of this the wee hours of this morning, Europe missed their window to trade bond yields through the ceilings that would have confirmed such a bounce. German Bund yields instead met with resistance right in line with yesterday's highs. All this despite the...
Reverse Mortgage Program Changes Impact Americans' Retirement Security—While reverse mortgages have been touted as tools to supplement retirement income, new data shows that more than half of today's households lack enough income to maintain ...Curious about reverse mortgages? - Cape Gazette
Zillow employees allege company's MSAs violate RESPA · NAR offers MSA 'do's', 'don'ts' to members · Who is a borrower under RESPA? Discovering when clock starts on RESPA violation statute · SEC charges NY attorney in Ponzi scheme ...