July 23, 2014
As the risk, cost and complexity of...
- The Federal Reserve will be able to hike rates gradually given the slack in the labor market and continued low inflation, with the first rake higher likely to come in midsummer of 2015, according to the International Monetary Fund.
The 30-year fixed mortgage rate on...
Sometimes, it seems that the housing data is a case of one-step-forward/two...
An important issue that arises for lenders when pursuing foreclosure actions is determining when the statute of limitations begins to run. Florida Statutes provide that a party has five years to foreclose a mortgage, but determining when the five years ...Evergrene Partners v. Citibank: Florida District Court of Appeal affirms ... - Lexology (registration)
- In a giant sweep against foreclosure relief scammers, the CFPB, FTC and 15 states are filing a handful of lawsuits against companies and individuals that collected more than $25 million in illegal advance fees with false promises to prevent foreclosures.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs' residual income test would give lenders more confidence to make riskier loans, according to an Urban Institute study.
As alleged in Cooper's complaint filed as part of the sweep, Home Remedy Center claimed its lawyers would help homeowners avoid foreclosure and/or lower their mortgage payments by negotiating a loan modification or other loan adjustment with their ...NC joins nationwide mortgage-relief crackdown - Charlotte Observer
- What if the market the way it is now is the new normal?
- Ginnie Mae, the only issuer of government-backed mortgage bonds, announced it is moving away from paper-based issuer applications to an all-electronic system. As of September 1, all applicants will be required to file electronically, via the Application Connection.