April 23, 2014
- NEW YORK/ WASHINGTON, April 23- A former lawyer with the American Bankers Association is being considered by the White House as a possible nominee to the board of the Federal Reserve, according to sources familiar with the efforts.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has published a report which finds...
- Assurant’s net income is up $20 million from the first quarter of 2013, when the company reported $117.8 million in net income and earnings per share of $1.46.
Foreclosure rates in the Gulfport, Biloxi and Pascagoula area have decreased for the month of February compared to the same period last year, according to data released this week. The rate of foreclosure among outstanding mortgage loans was 1.66 ...Area's foreclosure rate declines in February - Tallahassee.com
- WELLINGTON, April 24- New Zealand's central bank raised interest rates on Thursday and signalled that it would keep tightening monetary policy in the coming months as the central bank tames inflation pressures which have been brewing as the country's economy strengthens.
- Christopher Whalen, an investment banker, author and frequent HousingWire contributor, brings more than 30 years of experience as an investment banker and analyst to Kroll.
- Housing leaders and regulators met in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday to further open the door to the greater use of technology in the mortgage process.
- WASHINGTON, April 23- The White House is weighing candidates with community banking backgrounds to fill gaps on the Federal Reserve's powerful but depleted board, according to sources familiar with the efforts.
- If you look at the year-to-date totals, 2014 is only 2,000 home sales behind 2013. At the end of the first quarter in 2013, there were 109,000 total new home sales. The first quarter of 2014 had 107,000 new home sales. That’s only a 1.8% decline.