September 2, 2014
- Tough forecast ahead for HELOC borrowers: Over the next three years, borrowers using home equity lines of credit are predicted to have a severe payment shock impacting their monthly budget.
The Federal Reserve preserved bad debts to mask insolvency in the US banking system; thus more money flows to banks and less money stimulates the economy.
People stimulate economic activity when they borrow money and spend it. Politicians like debt growth and spending for the economic stimulus i… – Federal reserve’s bad-debt preservation policies weakened the...
- Goldman Sachs made a $835m loan to Banco Espírito Santo a month before the lender was bailed out. The FT reports.
- Banks are sounding the alarm about a proposed global rule aimed at forcing them to fund themselves more safely, the FT reports.
Welcome back from the Labor Day break! As we start a short Week 48 of the countdown to August 1, 2015, I'd like to point out that by the end of this week, we'll be halfway through the project research and budgeting phase of the Lender Implementation ...
- Former U.S. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor will join investment bank Moelis & Co as vice chairman and managing director, the company said.
It’s important to remember that beyond TILA-RESPA lies a whole new world of consumers expecting the rest of the world to be as digital and mobile as they’ve become.
September 1, 2014
"Years past, financial planners didn't view reverse mortgages as a planning tool," Johnson said. "It was viewed as a last resort, and they assumed that the only people that do reverse mortgages are people that are desperate. Clearly that's not the case.".Reverse mortgages help many seniors in retirement - Sandusky Register
William K. Black, author of The Best Way to Rob a Bank is to Own One, teaches economics and law at the University of Missouri Kansas City (UMKC). He was the Executive Director of the Institute for Fraud Prevention from 2005-2007. He has taught ...
- LONDON- UK Treasury Chief Secretary Danny Alexander delivers speech setting out' his vision for Scotland to remain as an integral and full member of the United Kingdom' at Chatham House. MADRID- Central Bank of Peru Governor Julio Velarde speaks about monetary policy and macroeconomic stability at an event devoted to promoting investment in the country.