August 1, 2014
- MutualBank in Muncie, Ind., said it has closed the acquisition of Summit Mortgage, in Fort Wayne.
- WASHINGTON- Swedish Finance Minister Anders Borg holds a press conference from the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit in Washington- 1100 GMT. ATHENS- European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker visits Athens and meets Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras- 0800 GMT. LONDON- Bank of England holds Monetary Policy Committee meeting.
Foreclosure notices totaled 117 in July, a roughly one-quarter increase from June's total, but an 11.4 percent decline from July 2013. Property owners who miss several months of mortgage payments are served with a foreclosure notice, which starts the ...
- The Reuters report states that the trustees representing the defrauded investors are set to accept the settlement for a “vast majority” of the trusts that they represent. The settlement was originally agreed to in November 2013.
- Freddie selected the winning bidder “on the basis of economics” from a pool of 22 prospective buyers that took part in the auction. When contacted, Freddie declined to identify the winner of the auction.
A federal judge in Rome, Ga., today halted a planned foreclosure against Hutcheson Medical Center set for next Tuesday. U.S. District Court Judge Harold L. Murphy granted a temporary restraining order sought by Hutcheson and its senior lender, Regions ...Erlanger's foreclosure attempts against Hutcheson derailed - WRCB-TV
- The industry has come a long way since the financial crisis. As revealed in the latest J.D. Power mortgage servicer satisfaction survey, the overall satisfaction average increased to 754 in 2014, up from 733 in 2013.
Posted To: MBS CommentaryFannie 3.5 MBS are heading out the door nearly half a point better at 102-09. 10yr yields are down 6bps at 2.498. While they didn't quite make it to the 2.47 technical level, the move from 2.57 yesterday to 2.48 at today's lows is close enough for government work. The other option in the event of a sell-off was to move up to the 2.66 technical level. For a while this morning, it looked...
- Fannie Mae and Ginnie Mae each back a separate pool of the underlying loans. IMA is requesting separate bids to be submitted for the Fannie pool and the Ginnie pool to allow consideration by the seller to sell the pools separately.