July 25, 2014
- MOSCOW, July 25- Russia's central bank raised its key interest rate by 50 basis points on Friday in an unexpected move and said it could raise rates further, citing concerns about high inflation and geopolitical tensions- an apparent reference to Ukraine.
- MOSCOW, July 25- Russia's central bank raised its key interest rate at a regular board meeting on Friday in an unexpected move, citing concerns about high inflation which remains well above the bank's target.
- FRANKFURT, July 25- Lending to companies and individuals in Ireland fell at the fastest rate since October 2011 in June, data from the European Central Bank showed on Friday, highlighting one of the impediments to growth in the euro zone.
- BEIJING, July 25- Chinese banks' non-performing loan ratio climbed to 1.08 percent at the end of June from 1.04 percent at the end of March, the China Banking Regulatory Commission said on Friday. In a statement reviewing the commission's work in the first half, it urged banks to control credit risks stemming from the property sector and local financing vehicles.
In the absence of rising wages, when mortgage interest rates go up, one of two things will happen: either sales will fall, or prices will fall.
I recently wrote that higher mortgage interest rates would either slow sales or cause house prices to drop. Since most real estate analysts still… – Zillow believes rising mortgage rates will slow home sales
- Britain's Lloyds Banking Group confirmed on Friday that it was close to agreeing a settlement over allegations of manipulating benchmark interest rates.
Here we are in mid-summer 2014. The “Final” Integrated Disclosure Rule has been published for almost nine months, and we've all attended at least a couple of webinars and conferences to learn about what it might mean for our individual firms.
- As we rapidly approach the start of the 1-year countdown to TILA-RESPA go-live, it’s time that we transition from our theories and tire-kicking into planning mode.
July 24, 2014
LAMAR, Miss. — What's promoted as an easy way to get cash out of your home, may not be as simple as you think. The On Your Side Investigators have a warning about reverse mortgages. It's hard to miss the pitches. Older celebrities like Henry Winkler ...
They still had the house they are living in currently in Frederick County. "We could not sell this house. We were stuck between two mortgages," Cisneros Bell said. They were forced to let the Emmitsburg house go into foreclosure in 2009. Thinking that ...