June 19, 2013
- The first official report is out on how big banks have changed or not changed their lending practices since the revelation of robosigning and other foreclosure problems, reports CNBC's Diana Olick.
- More than a year after the nation’s five largest mortgage servicers signed a $26 billion legal settlement, those same servicers still need to do better, according to a new report.
- Jorge Perez, The Related Group of Florida chairman & CEO, discusses where he is seeing investment opportunities in Miami real estate properties.
- Interest rates on U.S. home mortgages rose last week to hit their highest level in over a year, sapping demand from potential homeowners.
June 18, 2013
- Kathy Fettke, CEO and Founder of Real Wealth Network and William Poole, Senior Fellow at Cato Institute discuss whether the US housing recovery is on solid footing.
- CNBC's Diana Olick reports on today's housing starts data. Anika Khan of Wells Fargo discusses just how real the "comeback" is in housing, and whether 10 percent down payments are back.
- Positives for the real estate market are strong, Tom Barrack says.
- Builders started fewer single-family homes in May than predicted, which is curious given the low supply of homes.
- Multi-family starts rose 25 percent month-to-month in May, and single-family starts were up just 0.3 percent month-to-month. CNBC's Diana Olick, offers insight. Jade Mills, Coldwell Banker; Al Goldstein, Pangea Properties CEO; and Niall Ferguson, Harvard economist, weigh in.
- Colony Capital's Tom Barrack, reveals where he is finding housing plays in the real estate sector. Taper talks began and REITs were hammered as a result, he explained.
- China's rising home prices makes it difficult for policymakers to loosen monetary policy in a bid to boost growth.
- Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal is looking at the world's largest cities to build a mile-high skyscraper.
- Stephen Stone, CEO of, UK home builder, Crest Nicholson, tells CNBC they are confident about the year ahead after a very strong set of first half results.
June 17, 2013
- China's house prices rose at the fastest pace this year in May, though the pace of gains eased from the previous month.
- Now that's a shot of confidence: Home builder sentiment hit a 7-year high in June.
- David Stevens, Mortgage Bankers Association CEO, provides an outlook on where interest rates are likely headed and the impact of Fed tapering on the housing market.
June 14, 2013
- CNBC's Diana Olick looks at the growing market for jumbo loans. Fred Glick, US Loans Mortgage president, and Christopher Mayer, Professor of Real Estate, Columbia University, discuss the Fed's impact on jumbo loans and why they're increasing.
- CNBC's Diana Olick reports on why first time home buyers may be hit hardest if interest rates begin to rise.
- Wealthy home buyers have a supply problem, reports CNBC's Robert Frank, with a look at which areas of the country are hardest hit.
June 13, 2013
- In this week's "Power House" segment, CNBC's Tyler Mathisen speaks to Michael Shelter, Keller Willaism realtor, about the real estate market in Bergen County, New Jersey. One listing is priced at $1,695 million.
- As homes gain more value nationwide, banks are acting faster on delinquent loans and repossessing more homes.
- Lenders stepped up action last month against homeowners who had fallen behind on their mortgage payments.
June 12, 2013
- With interest in the African property sector booming, Christian Ulbrich, CEO EMEA at Jones LangLaSalle (JLL), explains which markets to watch out for, and what the region needs to do to bring in more foreign capital.
- One of the most dramatic comeback stories in business, with CNBC's Robert Frank; David Siegel, founder and CEO of Westgate Resorts; and his wife, socialite Jackie Siegel. Westgate is reporting record profits and rehiring workers laid off three years ago.
- Applications for mortgage refinances finally swung to the positive last week despite the steady rise in mortgage rates.