June 19, 2013
- More than a year after the nation’s five largest mortgage servicers signed a $26 billion legal settlement, those same servicers still need to do better, according to a new report.
- Jorge Perez, The Related Group of Florida chairman & CEO, discusses where he is seeing investment opportunities in Miami real estate properties.
- Interest rates on U.S. home mortgages rose last week to hit their highest level in over a year, sapping demand from potential homeowners.
June 18, 2013
- Kathy Fettke, CEO and Founder of Real Wealth Network and William Poole, Senior Fellow at Cato Institute discuss whether the US housing recovery is on solid footing.
- CNBC's Diana Olick reports on today's housing starts data. Anika Khan of Wells Fargo discusses just how real the "comeback" is in housing, and whether 10 percent down payments are back.
- Positives for the real estate market are strong, Tom Barrack says.
- Builders started fewer single-family homes in May than predicted, which is curious given the low supply of homes.
- Multi-family starts rose 25 percent month-to-month in May, and single-family starts were up just 0.3 percent month-to-month. CNBC's Diana Olick, offers insight. Jade Mills, Coldwell Banker; Al Goldstein, Pangea Properties CEO; and Niall Ferguson, Harvard economist, weigh in.
- Colony Capital's Tom Barrack, reveals where he is finding housing plays in the real estate sector. Taper talks began and REITs were hammered as a result, he explained.
- China's rising home prices makes it difficult for policymakers to loosen monetary policy in a bid to boost growth.