May 16, 2013
- GENOA, Italy, May 16- A deepening recession and banking stress tests could find Italy's mid-sized lenders short of billions of euros, putting the state on the hook for a new wave of cash calls and triggering an overhaul of how they do business.
May 15, 2013
- WASHINGTON, May 15- It isn't like Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben Bernanke and his colleagues have it in for old people- I'm sure they are all very respectful of their elders.
May 11, 2013
- The Bloomberg terminal privacy breach puts the firm in an awkward situation: Explaining itself to Wall Street clients.
- Both the Fed and Treasury are examining the extent to which Bloomberg journalists tracked officials' usage of Bloomberg terminals. Bloomberg called the access a "mistake."
May 10, 2013
- *But move seen positive for banks, Spain in the long-term. MADRID, May 10- Spain's banking sector clean-up is about to enter a decisive new phase, with new rules forcing lenders to recognise yet more bad debts widely expected to be toughened up as time goes on.
May 6, 2013
- NEW YORK, May 6- Merrill Lynch Wealth Management on Monday said it has hired Ashvin Chhabra as chief investment officer and head of investment management, overseeing about 150 strategists who design portfolios for wealthy clients.
May 3, 2013
- May 3- Oilfield services provider Oil States International Inc, bowing to pressure from top shareholder Jana Partners LLC, said it was considering spinning off its accommodations business, possibly through a real estate investment trust.
- Fitch Ratings has set the Insurer Financial Strength ratings and Long-Term Issuer Default Rating PT Asuransi Export Indonesia respectively at' BBB-'. Fitch also provides National IFS rating and National Long-term ratingsrespectively at' AAA'. Outlook for all ratings is stable.
May 2, 2013
- May 2- India's diversified stock mutual funds outperformed the broader market marginally in April, with high exposure to financial services stocks supporting unit values, data from fund tracker Lipper showed.
- NEW DELHI, May 2- India's diversified stock mutual funds outperformed the broader market marginally in April, with high exposure to financial services stocks supporting unit values, data from fund tracker Lipper showed.
April 26, 2013
- Fitch has withdrawn the ratings as Aktia Bank has chosen to stop participating in the rating process. Accordingly, Fitch will no longer provide ratings or analytical coverage for Aktia Bank. The affirmations reflect Aktia Bank's good local presence in Finland, particularly in retail banking, strong asset quality, and solid capital ratios.
April 25, 2013
- FRANKFURT/ LONDON, April 25 Fitch Ratings has affirmed S- Finanzgruppe Hessen Thueringen's Long-term Issuer Default Ratings at' A+' with a Stable Outlook.
April 23, 2013
- Think George Clooney has the best job ever? Think again! Check out the 10 Best Jobs for 2013.
- BEIJING, April 23- China's local government financing vehicles face mounting pressure to repay bank credit as nearly 40 percent of loans are coming due by 2016, the China Business News reported on Tuesday, citing official data.
April 14, 2013
- DUBLIN/ LONDON April 14- Though the implosion of Cyprus's bloated banking system has put other euro zone economies with outsized financial sectors such as Luxembourg and Malta in the spotlight, loan quality is the real litmus test of a country's financial stability.
April 9, 2013
- Aggressive shareholders such as Carl Icahn, Nelson Peltz and Ralph Whitworth, who agitate for change at companies they believe to be sub-par, are increasingly getting a hearing with institutions ranging from the most staid mutual fund to the state-run pension fund.
- Last November, CalSTRS teamed up with Ralph Whitworth's Relational Investors LLC to urge for a breakup of diversified manufacturer Timken Co, the first time the California pension plan has participated in this kind of activism.
March 27, 2013
- FRANKFURT, March 27- Allianz does not foresee significant regulatory hurdles to its announced takeover of Turkish insurer Yapi Kredi Sigorta, Allianz's board member responsible for the region said on Wednesday.
March 25, 2013
- SE ASIA STOCKS-Rebound on Cyprus deal; Thai stocks lead. -Indonesia's finance minister pressed his demand for the need for reciprocity over foreign bank licences, adding pressure on Singapore to open its banking sector if the year-old bid by DBS Group for a local bank is to go ahead.
- BRUSSELS, March 25- A form of debt that turned toxic to unleash the global financial crisis could help the European Union fund growth as banks rein in lending, the bloc's executive body said on Monday.
- Banking stocks rose after a deal between Cyprus and heads of the European Union, the European Central Bank and the International Monetary Fund will spare the Mediterranean island a financial meltdown by winding down the largely state-owned Popular Bank of Cyprus and shifting deposits below 100,000 euros to the Bank of Cyprus to create a "good bank".
March 24, 2013
- SINGAPORE/ SYDNEY/ HONG KONG, March 24 Fitch Ratings says that Chinese homebuilders with both land bank and funding diversity are in the best position to weather policy and macroeconomic changes.
March 22, 2013
- The island's 2008 entry to the euro zone was the first in a series of events which have led to a situation in which ATMs in Cyprus may soon run out of cash.
March 20, 2013
- TEL AVIV, March 20- First International Bank of Israel, the country's fifth-largest bank, reported a 26 percent drop in fourth quarter profit on Wednesday after year-earlier earnings were boosted by a one-time lower tax expense. FIBI posted a fourth-quarter net profit of 132 million shekels compared with 178 million a year earlier.
March 18, 2013
- LONDON, March 19 Fitch Ratings has placed Assicurazioni Generali SpA's senior and subordinated notes on Rating Watch Negative.