June 12, 2013
- ZURICH, June 12- Prince Max von und zu Liechtenstein, chief executive of Liechtenstein's biggest bank LGT, said it was striking how fast opinions on tax evasion had shifted since 2008, when stolen data revealed hundreds of Germans had hidden assets in the principality.
May 16, 2013
- GENOA, Italy, May 16- A deepening recession and banking stress tests could find Italy's mid-sized lenders short of billions of euros, putting the state on the hook for a new wave of cash calls and triggering an overhaul of how they do business.
May 15, 2013
- WASHINGTON, May 15- It isn't like Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben Bernanke and his colleagues have it in for old people- I'm sure they are all very respectful of their elders.
May 11, 2013
- The Bloomberg terminal privacy breach puts the firm in an awkward situation: Explaining itself to Wall Street clients.
- Both the Fed and Treasury are examining the extent to which Bloomberg journalists tracked officials' usage of Bloomberg terminals. Bloomberg called the access a "mistake."
May 10, 2013
- *But move seen positive for banks, Spain in the long-term. MADRID, May 10- Spain's banking sector clean-up is about to enter a decisive new phase, with new rules forcing lenders to recognise yet more bad debts widely expected to be toughened up as time goes on.
May 6, 2013
- NEW YORK, May 6- Merrill Lynch Wealth Management on Monday said it has hired Ashvin Chhabra as chief investment officer and head of investment management, overseeing about 150 strategists who design portfolios for wealthy clients.
May 3, 2013
- May 3- Oilfield services provider Oil States International Inc, bowing to pressure from top shareholder Jana Partners LLC, said it was considering spinning off its accommodations business, possibly through a real estate investment trust.
- Fitch Ratings has set the Insurer Financial Strength ratings and Long-Term Issuer Default Rating PT Asuransi Export Indonesia respectively at' BBB-'. Fitch also provides National IFS rating and National Long-term ratingsrespectively at' AAA'. Outlook for all ratings is stable.
May 2, 2013
- May 2- India's diversified stock mutual funds outperformed the broader market marginally in April, with high exposure to financial services stocks supporting unit values, data from fund tracker Lipper showed.